Fuzzco is seeking a detail-oriented and personable Project Manager with demonstrated experience for the Portland office.
We work with a broad range of clients on projects of all shapes and sizes and are always juggling several projects at once. To ensure good work, efficient use of internal resources, pleased clients, and a happy team we need someone who is flexible, organized, inspiring, and a great communicator.
To be considered for the position, candidates must have prior production or project management experience in a professional setting.
Required Experience and Abilities
- Minimum of two years of experience working in the design industry, including work on digital products, web design and development, and branding
- Strong production and project management skills with demonstrated experience
- Able to communicate positively and effectively with all kinds of people
- Advanced, almost neurotic, attention to detail
- Experience planning and delegating work, providing clear direction and goals
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent problem-solving skills—able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various project issues
- Experience actively managing client relationships, providing recommendations and expertise based on an understanding of client business needs
- Ability to work independently under little guidance on several projects simultaneously, action-oriented with the ability to multi-task and discern priorities
- Demonstrated ability to master new processes and technologies and develop new methods of problem-solving
- Strong sense of professionalism, professional responsibility, and accountability
- Able to remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Great sense of humor and an ability to laugh at oneself
- Well-informed, open-minded, a regular reader aware of the shape of the world
- Experience with a range of software including Trello, Slack, Google Docs and Sheets, and WordPress
Day to Day
- Serving as the primary coordinator and communicator from project inception to completion
- Creating project estimates and schedules, ensuring that projects stay on schedule and within budget
- Identifying scope creep, managing client expectations and tracking time spent on out-of-scope work for billing
- Managing the execution of design and development projects for a wide variety of retainer and project-based clients
- Engaging in planning meetings with the Fuzzco leadership to determine resource allocation, surface barriers, and opportunities, and keeping things running smoothly
- Being generally available to pitch in and do whatever needs to get done to keep Fuzzco moving forward
Nice to Have Skills
We’re a small team and love when team members are comfortable wearing more than one hat. Experience in analytics, marketing, research and strategy, copywriting or front-end development is a definite plus.
We take our work very seriously but not ourselves. We place a high priority on carefully hiring people who have sharp minds, a sense of humor, and a desire to build strong relationships.Apply to be this!