Fuzzco is hiring a Client Director to lead select client relationships. In this role you will be the primary contact for the client and you will be engaging as an active advisor, contributor and project owner. You will offer strategic and creative guidance to your clients, identify opportunities for future partnerships, and lead the project team day-to-day.
The job requires an entrepreneurial spirit and wide industry and brand awareness. We work with a broad range of clients on projects of all shapes and sizes providing plenty of variety and never-ending surprises. The ideal candidate is unafraid of a challenge, a critical thinker, confident writer, adept in managing competing priorities, empathetic and inspiring.
To be considered for the position, candidates must have prior experience as an entrepreneur or client lead in an agency or in-house setting. Please make a strong case as to how your experience and background demonstrate the qualities we’re seeking.
NYC, Charleston or Remote
Experience and Abilities
- A minimum of five years experience in a leadership position, planning and delegating work, providing clear direction and goals, actively managing client relationships
- Experience working in the design industry, including work on strategy, branding, packaging, web design and development projects
- A desire to grow and enrich teams and add value to projects beyond the written scope of work
- Ability to understand business problems and devise strategies to solve them
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with all kinds of people
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize accordingly all the while maintaining a keen eye on the details
- Ability to adapt to new processes and technologies and develop new methods of problem-solving
- Strong sense of professionalism, professional responsibility and accountability
- Excels at spreadsheets and has a working knowledge of a range of programs including Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Well-informed, open-minded, a regular reader and critical thinker
- Experience leading accounts in an agency setting
- Nice to have, but not required: an MBA or other advanced degree
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Serving as the trusted primary point of contact for a broad range of retainer and project-based clients
- Developing client relationships by demonstrating a deep understanding of their business strategy and objectives, and being seen as a thought partner to your clients
- Leading project kickoffs, strategy discussions and creative presentations
- Leading a project team by clearly communicating client and project needs and providing overall guidance on the execution of design, development and marketing projects of all shapes and sizes
- Ensure all work delivers on project objectives, quality standards, timeline and budget requirements.
- Managing client expectations while providing support, empathy and solutions
- Supporting business development efforts for new and existing clients by identifying new leads, making strategic scope recommendations, defining creative process and timelines, and developing budgets.
- Proactively managing and optimizing staffing plans with creative and studio leads
- Engaging in ongoing interaction with Fuzzco leadership and other team members to continually improve the way we work and the work we do
- Being generally available to pitch in and do whatever needs to get done to keep Fuzzco moving forward
We’re committed to building a more diverse team at Fuzzco to ensure that the work we do is informed by perspectives that reflect the world we work in.
We love what we do and are constantly looking for ways to be better, meet new people and grow.We take our work very seriously but not ourselves. We place a high priority on carefully hiring people who think critically, have a sense of humor and desire to make remarkable work.Apply to be this!