Fuzzco is looking for a hands-on creative leader who can teach and direct designers, interact with clients, solve problems independently and do great work. We’ll consider experienced freelancers, big agency veterans who are ready to lead, etc. The work is intense and widely varied and will offer the right candidate an amazing opportunity to touch a lot of brands, ideas and eyeballs.
The role requires someone who already knows (or has seen enough to understand) how to direct creative. This is not a learn-on-the-job opportunity or a role for someone to grow into. We’re a fun, tight-knit, hardworking group doing really really well without a truecreative director. But with the right person, we believe we can be even better.
We’re reviewing candidates by the following process:
- Examining portfolios to see if we’re a creative fit
- Emailing and talking to see if our personalities fit
- Skyping to see if ambition/vision/mindset fit
- Scheduling visits to Charleston to see if everything else fits
EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of three years design experience, two or more in a leadership role, with work in digital, print and interactive
- Experience delivering high quality creative products that effectively establish or further brand identities
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize accordingly
- Manage designers by delegating responsibility, providing clear direction and goals
- Mentor young designers to help them grow and develop the skills they need
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and stay abreast of developments in the design industry
- Strong sense of professionalism, personal responsibility and accountability
DAY TO DAY
- Attend client meetings (and deep-dives) to talk about design, strategy, etc
- Collaborate with the accounts manager to develop creative briefs
- Lead creative efforts on all projects
- Teach and encourage designers
- Participate in the new business effort
- Work with external creative partners including photographers, printers, videographers, writers, etc
We take our work very seriously but not ourselves. We’ve grown a lot in the last couple of years but place a high priority on carefully hiring people who have sharp minds, a sense of humor, and a desire to build strong relationships. We work together in Charleston, South Carolina, the most beautiful and surprising city in the Southeast. We look forward to our awesome new office currently under construction.
Compensation comparable with major markets. Full health insurance, HSA contributions, 15 days off + 1 day/yr, 5 holidays, short and long-term disability, 4% 401K matching, birthday massage, gym membership, free lunch Friday, and many other miscellaneous fringe benefits.